This interactive game is about guessing as many hidden words as possible, letter by letter. The aim of this quick game is simple: to guess the full word in 6 attempts or less. You will have help from a given hint or definition and the clue letters will provide you with.
Just read the hint and enter the word, it is this straightforward. You may only check your word after you have added as many letters in the answer field as there are in the word you are searching for.
- If the cell in the chosen letter is gray, it means the letter is not included in the hidden word.
- If the cell in the chosen letter is yellow, it means the letter is correct but not in the right position.
- If the cell in the chosen letter is green, it means all is correct! Keep in mind that this letter may appear in the word more than once.
In every attempt you complete and with each letter you enter, the answer field will provide you with more information that will be helpful:
- A red letter means you should already know that this letter is in the word but not in that exact place.
- A black letter means you still haven’t used it before, and, therefore, there is no information regarding whether it is part of the word you are looking for.
If you finally guess the word, you will see a window where you will be able to find an explanation.
This is a game, so you will be able to play as many times as you want and beat your records.
Setting up the game Words
You have the usual customization options:
- Color: Choose one of the colors on the palette and set the opacity. In addition, you can choose any other color using the customized color configurator.
- Gradient: Choose one of the gradients on the palette and set the opacity and the angle. In addition, you can choose any other gradient using the customized gradient configurator.
- Image: If you decide to use an image for the background you have the same configuration options as the image element. See the related article for more information
You can add a text as a title or introductory text that will show on the game cover. Keep in mind that if the game is placed in a small cell of the slide this description will not be displayed.
In the gamification section, you will be able to configure information related to the games’ dynamics. Words has the following settings:
- Time: You can set the maximum time a player can spend on a game. When this time is elapsed the game will end and the player will be able to see what score they got. Time is also an important factor when calculating points. At the end of the game, if the player has time leftover, a time bonus will be applied to their final score. The maximum amount that can be configured is 60 minutes.
- Points: You can specify the maximum points that a player can get. This value will be considered when calculating the total points for each game, taking into account whether you apply the time and number of attempts that the player has used up. The maximum value that can be set is 5,000 points.
- Wildcards: You can set the number of wildcards you want the player to have in each game. When a player uses up one of the wildcards, the correct answer will be entered without the player knowing the result, and the points assigned for the correct answer with the wildcard will be awarded. The maximum amount that can be configured is 3 wildcards.
Words per game
Set the number of words that will have to be guessed in each game up to 10 max. Our advice is to configure short games of 5 words, but you may add more words so as to create a bag of the that can show randomly in each game.
To add Words, click on the + button on the list. Each time you add a new one, from 3 to 9 characters, the properties panel will show you the settings of the new item.
Bear in mind that accents and special characters are allowed and the answer field is accent sensitive: if you enter a letter with an accent the answer provided needs to have it too in order to be considered valid.
To go back to the list, you must click on the return button found on the top left of the properties panel.
If you want to access the properties of one of the words again, just click on the item on the list.
For each Word you can configure:
You can add a hint or clue to help guess the words. Avoid making them so obvious that words can be guessed in the first attempt since the game will provide further clues. Keeping your definition ambiguous will make your challenge more fun!
Use an accompanying image to provide further help along with the hint. Just like the definition you give, keeping your image abstract is a good idea.
Add here the text that will be displayed after guessing the word. Use it to provide further information on the concept or even feedback.
While the explanation is being shown, time will be paused so that it can be read calmly. This explanation will only be displayed if the word is guessed. If it isn’t, the hint for the next word will appear instead.
In terms of the size of the cell this interactive element takes up, it can behave in two ways:
- Direct execution: When you click on the icon on the home page, the exercise starts in that same cell.
- Browser: If the cell the game occupies is too small to do the exercise comfortably, this will act as a browser. This means that after clicking the icon on the home page, the game will expand until it fills the whole slide. The user will be able to return the game to its original size by clicking on the X which appears after expanding.
In responsive mode (mobile), it always behaves in browser mode to provide a more comfortable and immersive experience, regardless of how its non-responsive version behaves.
You can add text as a title or introductory text that will appear on the home page of the game. Note that when the game is placed on a very small spot on the slide this description will not be shown..
If you publish your SCORM course, be aware that the tracking data storage space (suspend_data) is limited. This game stores certain data such as the maximum score or attempts made. If your course is too long (more than 300 slides) or if you have used a large number of games you may have tracking issues.
This element is only available in Professional, Business and Enterprise plans.