It’s an interactive element that consists in answering correctly at least one question for each of the categories that make up the game. Because it is a game-like element, users will be able to play as many games as they want so that they can improve their scores.
Setting up this game is very simple: all you have to do is create as many categories as you want (with a minimum of 3 and a recommended maximum of 8) and as many questions as you want in each category. Keep in mind that it is a good idea to create a big selection of questions for users to be able to play again and again without constantly coming across repeated questions.
Setting up the Trivia game
In terms of the size of the cell this interactive element takes up, it can behave in two ways:
- Direct execution: When you click on the icon on the home page, the exercise starts in that same cell.
- Browser: If the cell the game occupies is too small to do the exercise comfortably, this will act as a browser. This means that after clicking the icon on the home page, the game will expand until it fills the whole slide. The user will be able to return the game to its original size by clicking on the X which appears after expanding.
In responsive mode (mobile), it always behaves in browser mode to provide a more comfortable and immersive experience, regardless of how its non-responsive version behaves.
You have the usual customization options:
- Color: Choose one of the colors on the palette and set the opacity. In addition, you can choose any other color using the customized color configurator.
- Gradient: Choose one of the gradients on the palette and set the opacity and the angle. In addition, you can choose any other gradient using the customized gradient configurator.
- Image: If you decide to use an image for the background you have the same configuration options as the image element. See the related article for more information.
Description of the Trivia game
You can add text as a title or introductory text that will appear on the home page of the game. Note that when the game is placed on a very small spot on the slide this description will not be shown.
In the gamification section you will be able to configure information related to the games’ dynamics. With the Trivia element these settings are:
Time: You can set the maximum time a player can spend on a game. When this time is elapsed the game will end and the player will be able to see what score they got. Time is also an important factor when calculating points. At the end of the game if the player has time leftover, a time bonus will be applied to their final score. The maximum amount that can be configured is 60 minutes.
- Points: You can specify the maximum points that a player can get. This value will be considered when calculating the total points for each game, taking into account whether you apply the time and number of attempts that the player has used up. The maximum value that can be set is 5,000 points.
- Wildcards: You can set the number of wildcards you want the player to have in each game. When a player uses up one of the wildcards, the correct answer will be entered without the player knowing the result, and the points assigned for the correct answer with the wildcard will be awarded. The maximum amount that can be configured is 3 wildcards.
To create categories, click on the + button on the list. Each time you add a new category, the properties panel will show you the settings of the new item. To go back to the list, you must click on the return button found on the top left of the properties panel.
If you want to access the properties of one of the categories again, just click on the item on the list.
There’s a required minimum of 3 categories and a recommended maximum of 8 (the indicator on the list will let you know in any case).
Once you’ve set up a new category you’ll see that the board adds a new item. If you configure several questions for the same category, the question bag will come into play and randomly select which question of the possible questions for that category is shown in each game. For this Trivia element, it is a good idea to create a big selection of questions to encourage the player to try to improve their score with new attempts and so each attempt presents different questions.
For each category you can configure:
The title defines the category. It needs to be a descriptive name.
The color will distinguish the side linked to each category.
Each category will have its linked questions. To create questions, click on the + button on the list. Each time you add a new question, the properties panel will show you the settings of the new item. To go back to the list, you must click on the return button found on the top left of the properties panel.
If you want to access the properties of one of the questions again, just click on the item on the list.
For each question you can configure:
You can configure the wording of your question.
To help the player sort the question, you can also choose a question image. We recommend using an image whenever possible. This way, the player will be able to answer the questions quicker.
Puedes configurar tantas respuestas como quieras para tu pregunta e indicar una de ellas como válida. These answers can be erased and duplicated as needed.
If you publish your SCORM course, be aware that the tracking data storage space (suspend_data) is limited. This game stores certain data such as the maximum score or attempts made. If your course is too long (more than 300 slides) or if you have used a large number of games you may have tracking issues.
This element is only available in Professional and Business plans.
Continue reading Types of elements